US targeted DDoS attack at large scaleTopics
On June 15, online services in the US, such as T-Mobile, Fortnite, Instagram, Comcast, and Chase Bank, were all shut down. Some people believe that the United States has been targeted DDoS attacks on a large scale.
The sudden cessation of widespread use of online and telecommunications services in the United States has led some to believe it was a well-orchestrated and coordinated attack.
A series of cybersecurity reports on online services in the United States show signs of a coordinated DDoS attack has occurred. These DDoS attacks have disrupted the responsiveness of target servers with massive traffic from a variety of IP sources.
Some sources are compiled from the feedback of many users about the outage of online services in the US related to the following businesses:
• Major mobile operators such as T-Mobile, Metro, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Consumer Cellular, US Cellular.
• Internet providers such as Spectrum, Comcast, CenturyLink, Cox
• Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat
• Games and gaming services such as Fortnite, Roblox, Call of Duty, Steam, Xbox Live, Playstation Network
• Streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Twitch
• Banks like Chase Bank, Bank of America
• Delivery services such as Doordash
• Other major platforms like Google and Zoom
However, the source of these DDoS attacks is still unknown.
The chairman of T-Mobile Technologies has also provided information on the situation of this DDoS attack and is trying to resolve issues for all their users.
T-Mobile executives say their services are experiencing voice and text issues, disrupting customer service across the market. This is a problem related to the huge IP traffic flowing to T-Mobile's service and creating network infrastructure problems throughout the day.
At 1:03 minutes, on the morning of June 16, 2020, T-Mobile CEO announced that the system was stable and that the DDoS attack issues were resolved.
The harmful effects of DDoS attacks on businesses
DDoS attacks have really affected the service quality of businesses. You have spent a lot of budget, time, and effort to invest in your website to build trust with customers. However, websites often suffer from DDoS attacks and do not meet the needs of accessing the content of customers, the prolonged downtime makes them frustrated and seek better services.
If your website has millions of monthly visitors but once you have a DDoS attack all day, all week, even months, then you really missed a lot of opportunities to earn a lot. the amount of revenue from that.
Don't just think about protecting your website or asking for cybersecurity organizations when you've really had a DDoS attack. Since the cost of fixing DDoS websites at an urgent time may not help you reach good service agreements, you also do not have much time to consider and find out the most appropriate security service provider. , help you recover the website at the best cost.
The benefits of deploying website security early
- You have a lot of time to experience the trial of website security services, from which to evaluate and test the quality of security services that best suits your business.
- You can be assured of sales plans and strategies, no longer worry about being used by underground competitors to sabotage your website.
- Comprehensive website protection: not only prevents DDoS attacks but also prevents attacks from penetrating into website security holes, protecting user information, protecting enterprise data on web servers.
- The safe website also helps you to increase the quality score with search engines like google ... You think, if the website has viruses and malicious code, will it be approved to appear in search results returned to people? end-use or not? Therefore, website security early on is very necessary for every business, big or small.
>> Register comprehensive website security with VNIS
- Anti DDoS Web and Web Server
- Anti-malware infection on the website
- You only pay bandwidth for clean traffic from real users
- Expanding CDN infrastructure to speed up the global website easily
Hotline: (028) 7306 8789